Cape Sounion | Half Day Tour
A crowning feature of the tour Cape Sounion dominated by the spectacular Temple of Poseidon overlooking the Aegean sea. EVERYDAY
- * Small group tour of maximum 26 people
* 4-hour guided excursion of Cape Sounion & Temple of Poseidon
* Relax on a scenic drive along the Athens Riviera & enjoy breathtaking views of Aegean sea
* Marvel at the Temple of Poseidon and discover the stirring legends that surround it
* Pass by some of the most expensive & highly rated areas of Athens like Vouliagmeni, Varkiza & Glyfada area
* Visit Cape Sounion and see graffiti left by English poet Lord Byron
- Driving along the coastal road past the wonderful beaches of Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, Varkiza and countless coves, one has a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf. A crowning feature of the tour Cape Sounion dominated by the spectacular Temple of Poseidon overlooking the Aegean sea.
Sounion has been a sacred site since very ancient times. The "sanctuary of Sounion" is first mentioned in the Odyssey, as the place where Menelaus stopped during his return from Troy to bury his helmsman, Phrontes Onetorides.
Archaeological evidence has shown that there were two organized places of worship on the cape by the 7th century BC: a sanctuary of Poseidon at the southern edge and a sanctuary of Athena about 500 mt to the northeast.
- The program is realised in French and Spanish on specific days. Please request.
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ltd.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 32 51 295
- Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday, all year round apart from January | 10:00 – 14:00