Ancient Delos Tour & Cooking Class
Visit the ancient Delos island, a beautiful ‘UNESCO world heritage’ landmark and have a tour through the ancient city and its museum.
- The visit to the ancient Delos island starts with our escort picking you up at approximately 9:15am from your hotel and transfer you to the old port of Mykonos where you will meet your tour guide to start you voyage.
On arriving, your tour guide takes you through the entire ancient city with its market places the public squares, the Temple of Apollo, the sanctuary of Artemis the old city & the amphitheater and walk down the celebrated Lion Street. You will also visit the museum of Delos and admire the Archaic, Classical, Hellenistic and Roman Sculptures, and a collection of vessels from all the periods. Investigation of ancient stones on the site indicates that Delos has been inhabited since the 3rd millennium BC. At the end of your tour, before you board the boat to return back to Mykonos you have some free time to take photos on the site before departing at 13:30. Once back at Mykonos old port you will have some free time to relax at the Mykonian Farm before your escort picks you up to transfer you to the Mykonian Spiti for your cooking class.
During your stay at the Mykonian Spiti, you can enjoy a Mykonian meze snack like dakos with kopanisti cheese and tomato, louzes(sun dried pork fillets), sausage, wine and Cretan raki. The Course Menu and dinner varies according the season of the year, All attendees of the course, will be supplied with protective equipment (aprons, hats) compliments of the “Mykonian Spiti” farm-estate. Most cooking ingredients will be readily available in special bowls in the kitchen area ready for the menu preparation. Upon course completion, at around 20:30 Hours, the property staff will take care for the table setting. Testing of the main dish before serving will be done by the chief guest. The “junketing” and all drinks are free with no limit on type or quantity. After the meal, you can relax on the sun beds in the garden area, while sipping on a digestive drink or a coffee. And then at the end there will be a photo session with guests and staff, guestbook dedications and a small gift bag per two participants, loaded with traditional flavors and drinks. Once done your escort will be waiting to transfer you back to the hotel or drop you off at any location of your request.
Schedule / Prices
- Duration: 10 Hours (Ancient Delos Tour: 9:15 – 14:00 & Evening Shared Cooking Class: 16:00 – 22:00)
- Daily from 01/03/2023 to 30/11/2023
(Adult 225€ / Child 120€)
Private Operation 500€
- An additional transfer fee (10.00 € pp/cash on the spot) will apply for transfers from/to hotels in the areas of Elia, Kalafatis, Agrari, Panormos, Super Paradise & Kanalia
- The pick-up time is approximate and depends on the pick-up location. The traveler will be informed of the exact time upon confirmation of the activity.
- Travelers should bring a hat and sunscreen as it tends to get extremely hot on Delos Island.
- The Archaeological Site of Delos will remain closed on May 1st (National Holiday)
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected].
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ike.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 3251295
Mob./Viber/WhatsApp: (+30) 6974823355