Cape Sounion Half Day Afternoon Tour…
Breathtaking sunset at the unique temple of Poseidon, the God of the Seas in ancient times with this guided half day tour to Cape Sounion.
- 4-hour guided excursion of Cape Sounion and Temple of Poseidon
- Relax on a scenic drive along the Athens Riviera and enjoy breathtaking views of Aegean sea
- Marvel at the Temple of Poseidon and discover the stirring legends that surround it
- Pass by some of the most expensive and highly rated areas of Athens like Vouliagmeni, Varkiza and Glyfada area
- Visit Cape Sounion and see graffiti left by English poet Lord Byron
- Cape Sounio Half Day Afternoon Tour
- This tour is full of images and breathtaking views. A half day afternoon trip to Cape Sounio from Athens. Begin your Sounio tour with a wonderful drive along the coastal road which affords a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf, passing through some of Athens most beautiful suburbs (Glyfada,Vouliagmeni, Varkiza) and beautiful beaches. As you approach to Cape Sounion, it rises like a sheer cliff out of the sea. The temple of Poseidon, which was built in the 5th century B.C. has the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world (on a clear day you can see at least seven islands).The precipice is a sheer 197 foot drop to the sea.
Land masses to the west stand out in sharp profile. You can see the island of Aegina backed by the mountains of the Peloponnese and as the sun falls down the views become more impressive.
The beauty of the Poseidon Temple has inspired many poets, including Lord Byron who carved his name on one of the columns. This half day excursion is a great option if you want to discover Greece beyond Athens, enjoy stunning views and visit world famous Greek temple.
If you need additional information please do not hesitate to contact us and we will provide to you in order to help you decide if this tour or activity is right for you.
- Entrance fees of the Temple of Poseidon
- Transport by luxury air conditioned bus
- Professional and Lisensed guide
- Hotel pick up/drop off service
- All taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Everything that is not specifically mentioned in the "Included" section
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected].
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ike.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 32 51 295
Mob./Viber/WhatsApp: (+30) 6974823355
- Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday | 10:00 – 15:00