Crete Classic and Authentic Day Tour
In this tour we will visit the ruins of Gortina, Phaistos archaeological site and the Palace and, the church and the museum of Panagia.
- Zaros - Gortina - Phaistos - Spili - Vatos - Lampini - Arkadi - Rethimno (B-L-D) / Every Wednesday
- Breakfast at the hotel. Starting from Zaros at the valley of Messara we find the ruins of Gortina. Gortina was the Roman capital of Creta et Cyrenaica and was first inhabited around 3200BC. After Gortina we visit Phaistos archaeological site and its Palace, the most important center of the Minoan civilization, and the most wealthy and powerful city in southern Crete. We continue on the road towards Rethimno making a stop at the traditional Cretan village of Spili located at the foot of Mt.Vorizi. Spili is known for its Venetian fountain with a long row of 25 stone lion heads splashing cool water into the trough below. Along the way to Rethimno we make another stop at the village of Vatos to visit a typical Raki Boiler used to produce the popular Cretan Raki – drink, (Tsikoudia), at a Herb producer's house. We continue for Lunch at Vangelio's house, a traditional home of Cretan Spiti at Vatos Village, serving dishes made of genuine pure Cretan products such as olive oil, vegetables, cheese, meat, wine…and of course all the ingredients are fresh, local and cooked by your host, Vangelio. After lunch we drive to the mountainous village of Lampini to visit the church and the museum of Panagia. The church is inscribed with a cupola, and depicts frescoes of the 12th and 14th century.It was an Episcopal church, since the village of Lampini once accommodated the seat of the famous Episcopate of Lampis, which had existed since 431. Coffee at the village's Coffee shop "Kafenio". Continue towards the Monastery of Arkadi, which constitutes a landmark of architecture and civilization considering the magnificent facade of the church, the highly developed spiritual tradition as well as the flourishing development of fine arts. However, the holocaust, which took place in 1866, gave the monastery an eminent place in history, elevating it to an eternal symbol of freedom and heroism, which is acknowledged the world over.We continue to Rethimo in the afternoon.
The departure times depend on the pick-up location. Below you will find all the indicative pick up and drop-off times, according to each location:
- Chania (06:00-20:00) / 30 euro per person
- Georgioupoli (06:30-19:30) / 25 euro per person
- Rethymno (08:00-19:00)
- Bali (07:30-19:30) / 20 euro per person
- Fodele (07:10-19:50) / 20 euro per person
- Agia Pelagia (07:45-20:00) / 20 euro per person
- Heraklion (08:00-20:00)
- Gouves (07:40-20:10) / 20 euro per person
- Hersonisos (07:30-20:20) / 20 euro per person
- Stalida (07:30-20:20) / 20 euro per person
- Malia (07:15-20:25) / 20 euro per person
- Agios Nikolaos (07:00-21:15) / 25 euro per person
- Elounda (06:45-21:30) / 25 euro per person
- All other locations are upon request.
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected].
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ltd.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 32 51 295
- Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday, all year round apart from January | 10:00 – 14:00