Delphi One Day Trip from Athens…
Explore the UNESCO-listed Archaeological Site of Delphi with an expert guide. Delphi was considered the ‘Center of the World’ in ancient Greece.
- Skip the long lines and save time
- Guided tour of the Temple of Apollo and the world famous Oracle, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- See the Athenian Treasure
- Explore Delphi Museum and see the Charioteer of Delphi
- The only day tour in Athens visiting Athena Pronaia
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off included
- Our Delphi trip is awarded with TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence 2019
- Delphi One Day Trip from Athens
- Departing from our terminal for one day trip from Athens to explore the UNESCO-listed Archaeological Site of Delphi with an expert guide and learn how the city was considered the ‘Center of the World’ in ancient Greece; today is one of the most famous archaeological sites of Greece. Along the way, you will see the plain of Beotia, an agricultural place and you will also pass by the city of Theva, the birthplace of King Oedipus.
After meeting your guide in Athens, while travelling with our luxury air conditioned bus, you will hear tales about the ancient Greeks and their lives in Delphi. You will reach Delphi towards Mt. Parnassos, making a short rest stop outside the town of Levadia.
First stop is a tour of the Delphi archeological site – a UNESCO World Heritage Site and easily one of the most important digs in Europe. Avoid and skip the lines of the archaeological site and walk around the evocative ruins with your guide, see famous monuments like the monument of the Argive Kings, the treasury of the Athenians, the Athenian Stoa, the Polygonal Wall, the monument of Platea and the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle.
Our next stop is Delphi museum, with it's amazing exhibits include the frieze of the Treasury of the Sifnians, the Naxian Sphinx, the Statue of Antinoos the metopes of the Athenian treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer, originally created to commemorate a victory during the 476 B.C. Pythian Games, and many other artifacts. You have to check out the bronze Charioteer of Delphi and the Sphinx of Naxos.
After lunch break, visit Athena Pronaia Sanctuary, the most photographed spot in Delphi. On our way back to Athens we will pass by the picturesque mountain village of Arachova, built on the south slopes of Parnassus, well known for its attractive hand-woven carpets, rugs and quilts, as well as for its wine and cheese (short photo stop).
Expect mostly warm weather in Greece during the day and cooler at night. For your convenience, for day trips, we suggest, comfortable walking shoes, sun glasses, hat and loose fitted clothingd. The site of Delphi is perched on the side of a hill. All visitors are rewarded with a beautiful view over the site and the valley beyond. If you need additional information please do not hesitate to contact us and we will provide to you in order to help you decide if this tour or activity is right for you.
- Entrance fees
- Transport by luxury A/C bus
- Hotel Pick up and drop off service
- Services of a Professional - licensed guide
- All taxes, fees
- Free WiFi on coaches
- Guided tour in the Archaeological site of Delphi and the Museum of Delphi.
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
- Everything that is not specifically mentioned in the "Included" section
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected].
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ike.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 32 51 295
Mob./Viber/WhatsApp: (+30) 6974823355
- Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday | 10:00 – 15:00