Epidaurus & Mycenae
full Day Tour from Athens…
Visit Unesco listed ancient theatre of Epidaurus. Explore ancient Mycenae and view highlights such as Royal tombs and Lion's gate
- Skip the long lines and save time
- Short stop at the strategically important Corinth Canal
- Day guided tour to the ancient cities of Epidaurus and Mycenae
- Short stop at the sea port of Nauplion and marvel at the islet of Bourtzi
- Visit the Unesco listed ancient theatre of Epidaurus
- Explore ancient Mycenae and view highlights such as Royal tombs and Lion's gate
- Epidaurus & Mycenae One Day Tour from Athens
- We explore the remains of the ancient city of Mycenae, with our professional guide, a major centre of Greek civilization from 1600BC to 1100BC and the archaeological treasure of Epidaurus. In this full day tour we will follow the footsteps of the ancient Greeks.
Depart from our terminal via the coastal National highway for the strategically important Corinth canal, where we will have a short stop. After the Corinth Canal, we will enter the region of Argolis, land of Homer’s Golden Mycenae, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Dating back to the second century B.C., Mycenae was one of the major centers of Greek civilization and a military stronghold which dominated much of southern Greece. Avoid and skip the lines of the archaeological site, home to the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon. You will see the Cyclopean Walls, the Lion’s Gate, the Royal Tombs, including Agamemnon Clytemnestra's, and the Treasury of Atreus, a magnificent 14th-century B.C. structure.
Then we will have time for a traditional Greek optional lunch at a nearby restaurant. Afterward, stop in the beautiful sea port of Nauplia the first capital of modern Greece with its Venetian fortress of PALAMIDI and the fortified islet of BOURTZI (short stop). We continue towards Epidaurus to visit the ancient theatre. The UNESCO’S world heritage listed monument is reputed to be the birthplace of Apollo's son Asklepios, the healer and was the most celebrated healing center of the classical world. Epidaurus is probably most famous for its theatre, one of the best preserved classical Greek buildings and still used today due to its amazing acoustics. Return to Athens late in the afternoon.
From April to October: Every Tuesday and Thursday tour stops for lunch at Nafplion. The other days and during winter season stops for lunch in a traditional restaurant outside Mycenae.
Recommended clothing: Comfortable walking shoes, sun glasses and hat.
- Transport by luxury A/C bus
- Professional and licensed guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel Pick up / drop off service
- Free WiFi on coaches
- All taxes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
- Everything that is not specifically mentioned in the "Included" section
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected]m.
Email [email protected]
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ike.
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 32 51 295
Mobile/Viber/WhatsApp: +30 6974823355
- Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday | 10:00 – 15:00