Afternoon Walking Tour of Mykonos Town
Experience the true beauty of the Mykonian town, discover its history, and re-living some of its past memories in this afternoon walking tour.
- This tour sweeps through the medieval town of Mykonos also known as the “chora”, being famous as a cosmopolitan island due to the lifestyle and a variety of visitors all around the world, Mykonos’ traditional way of life is dearly reflected within its city limits, inside which we offer an authentic walking tour throughout some often unappreciated sites by many of its visitors. We offer you an opportunity of a lifetime to experience first-hand the true beauty of the Mykonian town, by walking you through its history and re-living some of its past memories.
The wonderful walk through the unknown alleys and the secret corners of Mykonos town through which our guide will accompany you and share his knowledge and stories, begins after you have been collected from your pick-up location (usually your hotel or the cruise-ship port), at the well-known location of the Archaeological museum and the Remezzo restaurant (where the entrance of the old town is), close to the old port, which is the starting point of the walking tour.
As you will be walking down the coastal paved road, you will pass Manto Square, where the famous monument of Manto Mavrogenous stands, a Greek heroine of the Greek War of Independence. Right after you will head down the famous Matogianni area, where you will find clothing and footwear shops of famous fashion brands and you will see attractions such as the 3 wells, the home of Manto Mavrogenous’ mother and the Maritime Museum. From there you will continue your walk, by passing the traditional “Gioras bakery”, an underground and old wooden stove, still operational until today where you will be treated a traditional bakery’s product and refreshment, before you head towards five in row windmills, which still stand proudly as a local attraction, after their operation was paused. Crossing the narrow winding paths, through the castle of the Chora and the Scarpa area where ‘Little Venice’ is located, which is famous for its picturesque medieval two storey houses (you will have 15 minutes free time here), you can admire the elaborate church of “Panagia Paraportiani”, one of the most famous architectural structures in Greece and get to see the Folklore Museum.
Finally, we head back to our starting point and pass by the famous Agios Nikolaos church at the old port. At the end you will be driven back to where you were picked-up if you decide to be taken back. With no doubt we would have managed to pass on some of our proud history and memories of our past and present to you.
- Duration: 3 Hours (18:00 – 21:00)
- Daily from 01/03/2023 to 30/11/2023
(Adult 40.00 € / Child 20.00 €)
Private Operation, additional cost per reservation 180.00€
- An additional transfer fee (10.00 € pp/cash on the spot) will apply for transfers from/to hotels in the areas of Elia, Kalafatis, Agrari, Panormos, Super Paradise & Kanalia
- The pick-up time is approximate and depends on the pick-up location. The traveler will be informed of the exact time upon confirmation of the activity.
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected] or fill the following form.
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ike.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 3251295
Mob./Viber/WhatsApp: (+30) 6974823355