Archaelogical Bus Tour to Akrotiri Excavations & Red Beach
Enjoy scenic views of the Mount Prophet Elias and relax on beautiful beaches, Perivolos and Red beach
- Prophet Elias Monastery
- Megalochori village
- Akrotiri Excavations (with Guide)
- Red Beach (aprox. 45 min free time, approach on foot 10 min. aprox.)
- Last stop Perivolos Beach (free time swimming)
- Starting the tour, we will first visit the Prophet Elias Monastery. What makes the monastery noteworthy, other than its history and importance, is the fact that it is built approximately 565 meters above sea level, making it the highest point of the whole island.
Megalochori village is our next stop. An extremely charming traditional settlement, almost abandoned after the big earthquake.
The tour continues to Akrotiri excavations, one of the most significant archaeological sites, that includes a vast structure, once habited by 200 families and preserved buried under the volcano’s lava.
Then you will have free time at the Red Beach to enjoy the colorful formations of the mountain and/or visit Akrotiri Bay for coffee or lunch with Greek traditional mezedes and ouzo (not included in the price). Perivolos, with its black sandy beach comes next. There you will have enough time to enjoy swimming, explore the area and taste fresh cooked fishes at the local taverns.
Schedule / Prices
- Duration: 7 Hours
- From 20/04/2022 to 30/10/2023
(Adult 49 € / Child 25 €)
Every Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
- Bus Departure: Kamari 10.30, Monolithos 10.35, Messaria 10.35, Karterados 10.40, Fira 10.45, Perissa 10.30, Perivolos 10.35, Emporio 10.35, Vlichada 10.40, Akrotiri 10.45, Megalochori 10.45, Pyrgos 10.50, Firostefani 10.20, Imerovigli 10.15, Oia 10.00
- Clients are kindly requested to be at the pick-up point 10 minutes before the scheduled time.
- The pick-up times are approximate and are subject to change.
- Guests must be able to walk over cobblestones and uneven surfaces, inclines and steps.
- Tour ends at Fira. Bus transfer for the clients to Firostefani, Imerovigli & Oia
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected] or fill the following form.
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ike.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 3251295
Mob./Viber/WhatsApp: (+30) 6974823355