Two Days Rail Tour To Meteora from Athens
Join our two days rail tour to Meteora to discover the beauty and the history of a unique geological phenomenon and the Byzantine Monasteries.
For further information and to book this tour, please, contact us at [email protected].
- DAY 1
- Catch the train to Kalambaka of 08:27am from Athens Railway Station, and enjoy a trip that will give you the chance to admire the beauty of the Greek countryside. Upon your arrival in Kalambaka, around 13:30, our English speaking driver will be waiting for you at the train station, holding a signboard with your name on it to transfer you to your hotel. In the evening you will join the Meteora Sunset Tour to admire breathtaking views of Meteora and to discover all the hidden gems of this place.
- DAY 2
- Next morning, we give you the opportunity to choose the activity you prefer, the Meteora Hiking Tour or the Half-day Morning Tour. Our guide will meet you in the lobby to explore together Meteora and to discover the natural beauty and the cultural heritage of this area. Enjoy a journey back in time and learn the stories of the first hermits and monks who laid the foundations of the monastic community of Meteora. At around 17:00 our driver will pick you up to transfer you to the train station. At 17:22 pm the train departs from Kalambaka and arrives back to Athens at 22:15.
All Prices are per person in Euro
|Executive Package||Economy Class
|230 €||175 €||188 €||155 €|
- Admire the world famous Meteora & Visit all the monasteries
- Join two top rated tours and activities
- Stay at a 3-star or 4-star hotel with breakfast
- Join the Meteora Sunset Tour
- Choose between the Meteora Hiking Tour or the Meteora Half-day Tour
- Train tickets with return from Athens to Meteora
- First class tickets upon request
- Pick-up and drop off from Kalampaka train station to your hotel and back
- English speaking tour leader on the tours
- Free Map and Bottle of water provided on the tours
- Free wifi on board the tour bus
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees to the monasteries, 3 euro per person, per monastery
- All personal expenses
- Everything that is not specifically mentioned in the "Included" section
- English, French, Italian, Spanish, Romanian and Russian guides on request
- Bookings must be made at least 2 days prior to the trip.
- Confirmation for this product will be received after booking, subject to availability.
- Any participants under the age of 12 must have a parent or guardian present to sign on their behalf
- Wear closed toed shoes
- There are many beautiful sights. You are encouraged to bring a camera along
- Weather will not affect the operation of the tours. However if canceled due to unfavorable weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- The monasteries have a strict dress code men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts trousers and shirts will be provided.
- Children policy: Children 0-4 years old participate free of charge.
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected] or fill the following form.
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ltd.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 32 51 295
- Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday, all year round apart from January | 10:00 – 14:00