Grand tour of Mykonos
This tour shows you a broad and different picture of the island consisting of real traditional and authentic life of the island.
- This tour shows you a broad and different picture of the island because we transcend from the cosmopolitan Mykonos town frequented by many to an experience of real traditional and authentic life of the island. You will be picked up from your hotel or your cruise ship and we will depart in the morning at 10:30am, our first stop will be the picturesque small port of St. Ioannis, an area which was named after a small church dedicated to Saint John (“Ioannis” in Greek) and one of great historical significance next to the small port where the local fishing boats leave from. We then head to the famous Ornos beach for pictures and then Mykonos’ airport, where we will have a panoramic view of the airport’s runway as we proceed to Ano Mera Village and pass through entirely different scenery, one of the island’s most typical agricultural and stock raising areas inhabited by the locals.
From this countryside of the island and its lifestyle, we will head towards the Ano Mera village’square to visit the monastery of Panagia Tourlianis and we will be guided through its chambers. From here we will reach the Mykonian Spiti traditional farm, where we will be guided by our escort. A light snack lunch is offered to anyone who is interested to get a taste of the local products from the traditional farm itself, consisting of bread, tomatoes, kopanisti, cucumbers and poor man’s black olives, along with traditional raki. We will head to the most distant beautiful beaches of Mykonos, named “Kalo Livadi”, “Kalafati” and “Aghia Anna” for some photos and then we will go to the panoramic view of Mykonos town in order to take some amazing photos of the town.
Following the picture taking we will visit the Mykonian Farm to enjoy a traditional homemade lunch and to experience the traditional Greek way of life, the culture, the Greek art of cooking. Your host, Teta, will wholeheartedly invite you into her beautiful Mykonian Farm and create a charming and intimate afternoon or evening that will turn this visit to the “Island of the Winds” into a highlight of your trip.
Right after your traditional lunch is over, you will be dropped off back to your hotel for a two hour relaxation, before we pick you up again from your hotel at 18.00, and head towards the Mykonos town, or you will be able to stay at the Farm until we continue with the Walking Tour. Our escort will accompany you and share his knowledge and stories of the place
During the walking, you will pass Manto Square, where the famous monument of Manto Mavrogenous stands, Right after you will head down the famous Matogianni shopping area, where you will find cloting and footwear shops of famous fashion brands and you will see attractions such as the 3 wells, the home of Manto Mavrogenous’ mother and the Maritime Museum. Crossing the narrow winding paths, through the castle of the Chora and the Scarpa area where ‘Little Venice’ is located, which is famous for its picturesque medieval two and three storey houses (you will have 15 minutes free time here), you visit the elaborate church of “Panagia Paraportiani”, one of the most famous architectural structures in Greece and get to see the Folklore Museum.
- Duration: 8 Hours (Part 1: 10:30 – 15:30 & Part 2: 18:00 – 21:00)
- Daily from 01/03/2023 to 30/11/2023
Adult 130.00 € / Child 65.00 €
Price Private Operation 300.00€
- An additional transfer fee (10.00 € pp/cash on the spot) will apply for transfers from/to hotels in the areas of Elia, Kalafatis, Agrari, Panormos, Super Paradise & Kanalia
- The pick-up time is approximate and depends on the pick-up location. The pickup time of each visitor will be notified upon their booking.
|Light Snack||12 €|
|Full Lunch||27 €|
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected].
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ltd.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 32 51 295
- Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday, all year round apart from January | 10:00 – 14:00