Greece – The Grand Tour | 10 days / 9 nights
Spend 10 days exploring the worldwide famous and unique Greek monuments of the mainland. You may request to customize this tour.
Tailor made program. It is possible to amend days/nights and add local tour or cruises upon request.
Please note, that all program changes must take place before any bookings.
Short Description / Services included in the published prices
Day 1 | Arrival to Athens – Transfer to your hotel – Free Day
Day 2 | Athens sightseeing
Day 3 | Athens – Corinth Canal – Epidaurus – Nafplion – Mycenae – Olympia
Day 4 | Olympia – Delphi
Day 5 | Delphi – Kalampaka
Day 6 | Kalampaka – Meteora – Thessaloniki
Day 7 | Thessaloniki sightseeing
Day 8 | Thessaloniki – Edessa, Aristotle’s School, Vergina, Veria
Day 9 | Thessaloniki – Pella – Dion – Athens
Day 10 | Athens – Transfer to the port or the airport
Transfers: All transfers are private with a taxi or a minivan with English speaking driver
Ferries: Regular or Speed ferries on economy class depending on the seasonality. If you wish to travel on Business or VIP class, please let us know.
Hotels: On chosen category (Tourist Class, First Class or Superior Class) on BB basis.
Local tours or cruises are served in group basis
- Day 01. Arrival / Athens.
- Arrival at the Athens airport, welcome assistance and transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Athens.
- Day 02. City tour / Athens.
- The day is dedicated to exploring the city of Athens.
We begin with a panoramic tour to the most important monuments and landmarks of the city including the Panathinaikon stadium, the Zappeion, the temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian's Arch, Syntagma square, the Parliament, the tomb of the unknown soldier, Schliemann's house, the Academy, the University, the National Library, and the old Parliament. Next, we head for our guided visit to the Acropolis, including the Propylae, the temple of Athena Nike, the Parthenon, and the Erechtheion. Later, we continue with a guided visit to the Acropolis museum voted one of the best museums in the world.
Afternoon at leisure to explore Plaka, the picturesque old part of the city, and why not, some shopping at Ermou street.
- Day 03. Corinth canal, Epidaurus, Nafplion, Mycenae / Olympia.
- After our breakfast we depart towards the Peloponnese. First stop will be at the impressive Corinth canal and we continue to Epidaurus with its theater, famous for its acoustics. Our day continues as we will be arriving in Nafplion for a short stop. Our next visit will be to Mycenae «rich in gold» as Homer mentions, with the Cyclopean walls, and the tomb of Agamemnon with the famous Lion’s Gate. In the afternoon, we will be crossing the mountains of the Peloponnese to arrive in Olympia for dinner and overnight.
- Day 04. Olympia / Delphi.
- Built on the banks of the River Alfios, Olympia is beautiful, green, and placid. We will enjoy a tour through the remains of the Ancient Olympia Complex (home of the original Olympic Games), including the Temple of Zeus, the Palaestra, and Phidias’s Workshop. We continue to the local museum, one of the richest in Greece, with the impressive statue of Hermes of Praxitelis. In the afternoon, we will start heading north, driving around Patras, over the impressive Rio-Antirio bridge, through Nafpaktos and Itea, to Delphi for dinner and overnight.
- Day 05. Delphi / Kalambaka.
- Delphi used to be the most sacred spot in the world and a pilgrimage center for many centuries in the antiquity. You will admire the Sanctuary of Apollo, walk the Sacred way, and visit the temple of Apollo, home of Pythia (the oracle). We continue to the local museum with the famous bronze statue of the Charioteer. In the afternoon we will be crossing the mountains of central Greece to arrive in Kalambaka for dinner and overnight.
- Day 06. Meteora / Thessaloniki.
- This morning we will be visiting Meteora. Amazing rock formations, like towers of sandstone, stand ageless, and have provided sacred retreat for monks over the centuries. A number of monasteries are hidden on top of Meteora. The view over the plain is breathtaking. Meteora is considered among the most beautiful areas of mainland Greece and belongs to Unesco's list of world heritage monuments. We continue our day as we drive north, through the striking plain of Thessaly and the Valley of Tempi. The way leads under the impressive Mount Olympos, home of the 12 Gods in Greek Mythology, to Thessaloniki, capital of northern Greece for dinner and overnight.
- Day 07. Thessaloniki / Thessaloniki.
- The morning is dedicated to exploring the city of Thessaloniki. We will visit the most important landmarks and monuments of the city, and embrace its glorious Byzantine past, with visits to its characteristic churches and the museum of Byzantine culture. The afternoon will be at leisure to explore more of the city on your own.
- Day 08. Edessa, Aristotle’s school, Vergina, Veria / Thessaloniki.
- Today we will be exploring the historical places of Macedonia. First stop will be the town of Edessa with its beautiful waterfalls. Our next visit will be to Aristotle’s school where the great philosopher taught the « the doctrines of morals and politics» to Alexander the Great. We continue to Vergina with the Royal tombs of Macedonia, including this of King Phillip II, father of Alexander the Great. Our last stop for today will be to Veria with the Bema of St. Paul, the colorful market and the Jewish neighborhood. Return drive to Thessaloniki for dinner and overnight.
- Day 09. Pella, Dion / Athens.
- Our exploration of the history of Macedonian history continues today on our way back to Athens. Our first stop will be to Pella, ancient capital of Macedonia and birthplace of Alexander the Great. We will visit the site with the exquisite floor mosaics and the new local museum. We continue our drive to the archaeological park of Dion, the sacred place of ancient Macedonia at the foot of mount Olympos. After our visits we continue our drive, with a photo stop at Thermopylae and the statue of Leonidas, to arrive in Athens in the evening.
- Day 10. Departure.
- Breakfast and at the appropriate time, transfer to the airport for your departure flight or to the airport for the ferry to Athens. Apart from the transfer to the port or the airport, no other service is included in the final day of the trip. This is the end of our trip. Kindly, let us know if you need any extra travel services to arrange your return to your home country or, in order to continue your trip to any other destination.
Schedule / Prices
All Prices are per person in Euro
|Arrival Dates||Single||Double / Twin||Triple||Child|
|May 02, 03, 16, 17||€ 2076||€ 1749||€ 1592||€ 1217|
|June 06, 07, 20, 21||€ 2076||€ 1749||€ 1592||€ 1217|
|July 04, 05||€ 2076||€ 1749||€ 1592||€ 1217|
|September 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, 27||€ 2076||€ 1749||€ 1592||€ 1217|
- Accommodation on BB, 3 nights in Athens
- Athens city tour with Acropolis and Acropolis museum, on SIC, including English speaking guide.
- The 7-day Grand tour of Greece on SIC, on half-board basis (breakfast and dinner)
- All transfers
- Meet & Greet service for tour briefing and orientation, by an English speaking representative
- All entrance/admission fees to sites and museums
- All taxes
- An “overnight stay” tax is applicable to all accommodations in Greece. This tax, is charged on a per room per night basis and amounts to € 0,50 for 1*-2* hotels, € 1,50 for 3* hotels, € 3,00 for 4* hotels, and € 4,00 for 5* hotels. This tax is NOT included in our rates and should be paid locally on the spot by the clients.
- Any meals other than those mentioned above
- Any drinks during included meals
- Any tips
- Any porterage at hotels.
- All personal expenses
- Everything that is not specifically mentioned in the "Included" section
Hotel Class Options | Please consult our hotel list to see the hotels that are included in each class
TOURIST CLASS hotels are mostly 3* hotels. Occasionally there may be a superior 2* which however would be a carefully selected hotel that has either made a very recent renovation or is of a standard equal to a 3* hotel.
FIRST CLASS hotels are mostly standard 4* hotels. Occasionally there may be a superior 3* hotel which however would be a carefully selected hotel that has either made a very recent renovation or is of a standard equal to 4*
SUPERIOR CLASS hotels are either superior 4* hotels or 5* hotels. For the superior 4* hotels, the rooms our prices are based on, are usually the superior ones (not the standard ones). For the 5* hotels the rooms will be the standard ones.
Any special request for an upgrade is accepted upon hotel availability or with extra cost.
- Entrance/admission fees to various sites and museums are set by the Greek government, and in case of change, prices will be adjusted accordingly. Currently included entrance fees are based on rates valid as of November 1st, 2019.
- Above rates include VAT (13% for transportation & meals, and 24% for all other services). In case of a change in VAT, prices will be adjusted accordingly.
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected] or fill the following form.
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ike.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 3251295
Mob./Viber/WhatsApp: (+30) 6974823355