Meteora Day Trip from Thessaloniki by Train
Join an amazing Meteora day trip from Thessaloniki by train and enjoy a stunning UNESCO World Heritage Site in Greece.
- See all six monasteries
- Enter inside 3 monasteries
- Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Discover the astonishing Meteora
- Excellent views between Thessaloniki and Meteora
- Perfect for people who have limited time
- Excellent value for money
- Don't miss the opportunity to visit the breathtaking Meteora Monasteries with this amazing full day rail tour!
Countless panoramic images will remain etched in your memory with the opportunity for video and photos along the way.
Catch the morning train of 8:56 a.m. from Thessaloniki to Meteora from Thessaloniki’s Central Railway Station and enjoy a Day Trip from Thessaloniki to Meteora by Train that will give you the chance to explore Meteora and the monasteries.
Arriving in Kalambaka at 12:03, our English speaking driver will be waiting for you holding a signboard with your name on it and will transfer you to the Meteora Monasteries. For three hours you will have the time to explore three Monasteries. Meteora is included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list.
At around 17:00 in the afternoon, the bus will transfer you back to Kalambaka train station for your trip back to Thessaloniki. The train departs at 18:22 pm so, you will have around and hour and a half of free time to walk in the town center or to enjoy a quick meal. You will arrive by train back in Thessaloniki at around 22:19.
IMPORTANT: The trains are not direct. You will switch trains at Paleofarsalos station on both trips.
Schedule / Prices
- From 08/11/2023 to 30/12/2023
Adult 110€ / Child 80€
- From 10/01/2024 to 30/12/2024
Adult 125€ / Child 100€
- From 08/11/2023 to 30/12/2023
Important update regarding the train tours
- Due to recent flooding affecting train services, until the rail tracks become operational, we can provide a full-day bus trip to Meteora from Thessaloniki in specific dates and upon request.
- Appropriate clothing for everyone is required to enter the monasteries. Sleeveless clothing and shorts over the knee for men are prohibited and you‘ll be denied access if dressed that way. For ladies skirts and shawls are available to borrow or buy at the entrance of monasteries in case they don’t have such clothing to cover themselves.
- Please be aware that reaching the top of the monasteries involves climbing steps. There are no elevators available, so please consider this if you have any mobility concerns.
- This tour will take place regardless of the weather conditions. Please come prepared with appropriate clothing and accessories to ensure a comfortable experience.
- Confirmation for this product will be received after booking, subject to availability.
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected] or fill the following form.
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ike.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 3251295
Mob./Viber/WhatsApp: (+30) 6974823355