Meteora Day Trip from Thessaloniki by Train
Travel to Meteora from Thessaloniki by Train. Visit the Monasteries with Private Guide. One Meal is also included.
For further information and to book this tour, please, contact us at [email protected]
- Don't miss the opportunity during your stay in Thessaloniki to visit the breathtaking Meteora Monasteries with this amazing full day rail tour! Countless panoramic images will remain etched in your memory with the opportunity for video and photos along the way. Catch the train of 10:22 a.m. to Kalambaka in the morning from the Thessaloniki Railway Station and enjoy a trip that will give you the chance to admire the beauty of the countryside. You will switch trains at Paleofarsalos station and arrive around 13:30 p.m. in Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks, and crowded by the METEORA Monasteries. Arriving in Kalambaka, our English speaking driver will be waiting you holding a signboard with your name on it and will transfer you to the Meteora Monasteries. For three hours you will have the time to explore at least two or three Monasteries. Meteora is included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list. At the end of the day, our driver will transfer you back to Kalambaka and at 17:22 p.m. the train departs from Kalambaka, and after you switch trains again at Paleofarsalos station, you will arrive at 21:40 back to Thessaloniki.
All Prices are per person in Euro
- Discover the astonishing Meteora
- See all six monasteries
- Enter inside two monasteries
- English speaking tour leader
- 3 hour tour of Meteora
- Train tickets with return from Thessaloniki to Meteora
- First class train tickets upon request
- Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Excellent value for money
- Meal take away
- Free Map and Bottle of water provided on the tours
- Free wifi on board the bus
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees to the monasteries, 3 euro per person, per monastery
- All personal expenses
- Everything that is not specifically mentioned in the "Included" section
- English, French, Italian, Spanish, Romanian and Russian guides on request
- Bookings must be made at least 2 days prior to the trip.
- Confirmation for this product will be received after booking, subject to availability.
- Any participants under the age of 12 must have a parent or guardian present to sign on their behalf
- Wear closed toed shoes
- There are many beautiful sights. You are encouraged to bring a camera along
- Weather will not affect the operation of the tours. However if canceled due to unfavorable weather conditions, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- The monasteries have a strict dress code men must wear trousers and long sleeves, women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts trousers and shirts will be provided.
- Children policy: Children 0-4 years old participate free of charge.
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected] or fill the following form.
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ltd.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 32 51 295
- Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday, all year round apart from January | 10:00 – 14:00