Mykonos Extended Hiking Adventure
Getting familiar with Mykonos beauties by hiking 9800m, visiting traditional farms & swimming at a sandy beach.
- At 8:30 am you get picked up from your hotel or your cruise ship to the “Mykonian Farm” traditional Farm, at Ano Mera village, where you will receive the delivery of the equipment: backpack, water bottle, small package with food and traditional ‘hook’ or stem, (walking stick) for your support during the hike and also we do a small tour of our garden and our farm animals.
At 09.15 am, the hiking adventure begins. The start drives us to achieve “1”, a track 1,450 meters to get to the Farm “Maou” at 10.00 am. Our trip continues by crossing the narrow streets of Maou, between cultured estates and traditional homes. At this point we will observe amateur local fishermen at the edges of the lake dam, an integral part of the wonderful pictures, along with various animals graze unconcerned around us. At 10:30am, we should arrive at the panoramic point “2”, the Dam, where we will have already traveled 4,150 meters. Here you will be getting additional information and after a short rest, we will continue to achieve the goal No “3”, at 950 meters, and a total of 5,100 meters from start, on the beach of Mersini, where we will continue with the hike to embark on the challenging path, after a short break of 15 minutes, of swimming at Mersini beach, which will lead us to “The Wind”, the target point “4”, 6,100 meters from the start.
From this the islands of Ikaria, Samos and Tinos are in a clear view as we ascend and on our left are the large holes in the hillside, created from the old granite mines. At approximately 13:00 we’ll be at the highest point of the hike (The Wind). After the impressive cool refreshing breeze at this point, the next step No “5” is the estate with bougainvilleas 7,300 meters away from the starting point, passing the farm with the horses, and the small and picturesque blue chapel we will get to that point. This is the time for our small lunch on the terrace, in the shade of large eucalyptus tree as we have a glance at the most impressive estate on the island. After half an hour of resting we gear up again to the “Finish” point our ultimate goal “6” and having traveled 9,800 meters, the “shipyards of Elm” where amateur fishermen are guarding their small boats of this area and the adjacent beach a redemptive bath, where we successfully end our adventure. The car will pick us up at around 14.00, bound for where we started and to the Mykonian Spiti if you choose the option of the traditional lunch, where a hearty meal will be waiting, with similar festivities and of course a review of the day and all our day’s experiences we lived of the unique hiking adventure.
Schedule / Prices
- Duration: 6 Hours (08:30 – 14:30)
- Daily from 01/03/2023 to 30/11/2023
Private Operation 200€
- An additional transfer fee (10.00 € pp/cash on the spot) will apply for transfers from/to hotels in the areas of Elia, Kalafatis, Agrari, Panormos, Super Paradise & Kanalia
- The pick-up time is approximate and depends on the pick-up location. The pickup time of each visitor will be notified upon their booking.
- Don’t forget to wear comfortable shoes, for example hiking shoes or sandals, camera, sun protection & swimming costume. During spring and autumn, we advise you to bring a jacket.
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please contact us at [email protected].
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ike.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 3251295
Mob./Viber/WhatsApp: (+30) 6974823355