Mykonos Sunset Armenistis Lighthouse Visit
The mechanism of the first lamp of “Armenistis” is exposed outside by the building of Aegean Naval Museum. Discover islands’ fascinating beauty.
- The lighthouse or “Fanari” as locally known which translates to “Lantern” from Greek is standing like a sentinel over the Amenistis area and is a testimony to Mykonos’ maritime history. To reach the lighthouse we take the road from Agios Stefanos which offers the most spectacular views on the island just 6.5 km from Mykonos town. It was manufactured in 1891. The altitude of tower is 19 meters and the height of focal plane is 184 meters. The mechanism of the first lamp of “Armenistis” is exposed outside by the building of Aegean Naval Museum that is located in a traditional building of 19th century, in centre of Mykonos, near to place Three Wells (Tria Pigadia). This place gives you a better view of the new port area of Mykonos and the beautiful scenery around it is breath taking. It makes the neighboring island of Tinos to look as if it is right next to you due to its strategic position. Visiting it gives you a good sense of the islands’ fascinating history combined with beauty.
The lighthouse, however, has not only has it been key in the maritime history of Mykonos and ensuring safe sea voyages in the waters around the island, it is also a striking beauty on an incredible site that attracts photographers and visitors from all over the world.It is also one of the best places on the island to go and take in the sunset, offering an endless image of sea and sky, unfolded in a stunning blaze of colour before your eyes. So, if you are looking for spots to photograph, places to watch the sunset with a loved one, somewhere to take in sea views and breathe in salty air, somewhere remote and lovely, then you need look no further than Armenistis Lighthouse.
- Duration: 2 Hours (19:00 – 21:30)
- Daily from 01/03/2023 to 30/11/2023
(Adult 50€ / Child 25€)
Private Operation, additional cost per reservation 200€
- An additional transfer fee (10.00 € pp/cash on the spot) will apply for transfers from/to hotels in the areas of Elia, Kalafatis, Agrari, Panormos, Super Paradise & Kanalia
- The starting times might change depending on the season and the time of the sunset and will be advised upon confirmation of your booking.
- The pick-up time is approximate and depends on the pick-up location. The pickup time of each visitor will be notified upon their booking.
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected] or fill the following form.
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ike.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 3251295
Mob./Viber/WhatsApp: (+30) 6974823355