Skip The Line: Parthenon, Αcropolis Museum & Cape Sounio Including Lunch…
With this full day trip you will have the chance to see all famous sites of ancient and modern Athens. Valid for 2020.
- Skip the long lines and save time
- Full day trip of Athens highlights including visit to Cape Sounion
- Travel back in time during visit at the impressive Panathinaiko Stadium
- Guided tour of UNESCO-listed Acropolis & the New Acropolis museum
- Typical Greek lunch at traditional restaurant in Plaka with vegeterian options
- Marvel at the Temple of Poseidon and discover the stirring legends that surround it
- Skip The Line: Parthenon, Αcropolis Museum & Cape Sounio Including Lunch
- With this full day trip you will have the chance to see all famous sites of ancient and modern Athens. Offering a perfect overview of the modern city, this guided tour will help you get your bearings if this is your first visit to Athens.
This full-day tour departs for a photo stop at Panathinaiko Stadium where the first Olympic Games took place in 1896. Proceed, passing by Zappeion and Temple of Olympian Zeus. We continue our drive past the Athens Trilogy which includes the University of Athens, the Academy of Athens, and the National Library. Continue passing by National Garden, Hadrian’s Arc, St. Paul’s Church, Parliament, Tomb of the Unknown soldier, Schliemann’s House (Numismatic Museum), Catholic Cathedral, Old Parliament, Constitution Square ,Russian Orthodox Church, and finally Acropolis.
We continue our impressive guided tour to Athens sightseeing and Acropolis museum with a pleasant short walk passing by Herodion and Dionysos Theater, in order to visit the ACROPOLIS museum. Avoid and skip the lines of the new museum. Main attractions such as votives, statues from archaic period, Caryatids, and of course the Parthenon hall with the metopes, the pediments and the frieze will impress you.
After a full morning, we continue in a local restaurant (Tripadvisor awarded) under the slopes of Acropolis for lunch. After lunch we depart for a wonderful drive along the scenic costal road withs a splendid view of the Saronic Gulf, passing through some of Athens most beautiful suburbs (Glyfada, Vouliagmeni, Varkiza) to CAPE SOUNION. Cape Sounion is only 45 miles (70 kilometers) from Athens, making it the perfect afternoon tour destination. The Cape's Temple of Poseidon is perched on a rocky hilltop overlooking the sea. The view across the Aegean is magnificent with one of the most breathtaking panoramic views in the world, extending all the way to Kea and the Peloponnese on a clear day. The Temple of Poseidon was built in 44 B.C., and many of its original Doric columns are still standing. One of the columns has a graffiti left by none other than Lord Byron in the early 1800s. The precipice is a sheer 197 foot drop to the sea.
Entrance fees: Admission tickets for Acropolis, Acropolis museum and temple of Poseidon are being paid to the guide at the start of the tour offering skip-the-line access.
For Acropolis hill and Cape Sounio, comfortable walking shoes, sun glasses, hat and loose fitted clothing are strongly recommended.
- Transport by luxury air conditioned bus
- Professional and lisensed guide
- Hotel pick up/drop off service
- All taxes
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
- Drinks and beverages
- Everything that is not specifically mentioned in the "Included" section
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected].
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ltd.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 32 51 295
Mob./Viber/WhatsApp: (+30) 6974823355
- Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday | 10:00 – 15:00