Visit the Mykonian Farm
Visit the Mykonian farm and the monastery of Panagia Tourliani in the village of Ano Mera.
See the local life
- The adventure starts at 17:00 from your hotel or your desired pick-up location, you will be driven to our traditional farm. We will drive across the center of the island that unites the city (Hora) of Mykonos with the homonym village of Ano Mera, a distance of 7 kilometers. Once we arrive at the village we will pass through the picturesque square, and visit the monastery of Panagia Tourliani, where we will stay for approx. 15 minutes. We then continue by walking only 400 meters to the Mykonian Farm where we will be greeted by the Farm’s superintendent who will guide us through the territory, recounting the history of the places while showing us how the organic and the animal farming operates.
Later, while sitting and relaxing on a traditional stone built couch sipping raki we will learn the history of the island’s farming, its livestock and its crops. During the storytelling of the Mykonian Traditional farming habits, you will enjoy a farmer’s snack consisting of bread, tomatoes, kopanisti, cucumbers and poor man’s black olives, accompanied by the traditional raki.
At approx. 18:40 the (optional) farming tasks will begin, which include:
Cleaning of the garden/picking of the weeds
Trimming of the garden and vineyard
Cleaning, watering and feeding of the animals
Picking of eggs
Cutting and savoring products from the vegetable garden
Free time to play / caress the animals or take pictures with them
The superintendent will provide you with the right tools for the tasks and instruct you as you go along. Those clients who don’t want to get involved with farming tasks can have more free time at their leisure.
Shortly before 20:00, we will take the way back to the hotel. More specifically the programme:
17:00 Pick-up from the hotel or port
17:30 Arrival at Ano Mera and the Monastery and a visit for approx. 15’
17:45-17:50 Arrival at the farm
17:50 Welcoming from the farm’s superintendent and tour of the farm
18:20 Treat and snack in the sitting area.
18:40 Optional farm tasks and/or free time
20:00 Departure for the hotel
- Duration: 3 Hours (17:00 – 20:00)
- Daily from 01/03/2023 to 30/11/2023
Adult 40€ / Child 20€
Private Operation, additional cost per reservation 150€
- An additional transfer fee (10.00 € pp/cash on the spot) will apply for transfers from/to hotels in the areas of Elia, Kalafatis, Agrari, Panormos, Super Paradise & Kanalia
- The pick-up time is approximate and depends on the pick-up location. The traveler will be informed of the exact time upon confirmation of the activity.
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected] or fill the following form.
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ike.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 3251295
Mob./Viber/WhatsApp: (+30) 6974823355