Meteora Day Trip
from Athens by Train…
This is a unique opportunity, during your stay in Athens, to visit the breathtaking Meteora Monasteries with this amazing full day rail tour!
- Discover the astonishing UNESCO-listed Meteora in one day
- Countless impressive views of the countryside during the train ride
- Visit two different monasteries & enjoy the view of the majestic grey rocks
- Free time to explore the town of Kalabaka
- Excellent value for money
- Meteora Day Trip from Athens by Train
- Departing with the train of 7:20 a.m. to Kalambaka in the morning from the Athens Railway Station and enjoy a trip that will give you the chance to admire the beauty of the countryside. Arrival around 11:30 a.m. in Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks, and crowded by the METEORA Monasteries.
Arriving in Kalambaka, our English speaking driver will be waiting for you holding a signboard with your name on it and will transfer you to the Meteora Monasteries. For about four hours you will have the time to explore two Monasteries as well as the hermit caves of Badovas. Meteora is included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list.
Finally, our driver will transfer you back to Kalambaka, where you will have the time to check around and have a light lunch (not included). At 17:15 p.m. the train departs from Kalambaka, and arrives at 21:25 back to Athens.
Entrance to the monasteries: Appropriate clothing is required. Ladies should not wear short skirts and must have long sleeves. Men are not allowed to wear shorts.
Departure: The train for Kalambaka departs from the Athens rail station. You need to go at the rail station on your own at 07:00 having your printed train tickets with you.
Train Tickets: Few days before the activity, you will receive an e-mail with the e-tickets. Reservations are accepted 48 hours prior to the tour.
Reservations: Reservations are accepted 48 hours prior to the tour.
- Roundtrip rail tickets based on your choice
- Round-trip shared transfer in Kalambaka
- Expert English speaking driver
- Local taxes
- Entrance fees of the Monasteries
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Athens hotel pick up and drop-off
- Everything that is not specifically mentioned in the "Included" section
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected].
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ike.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 32 51 295
Mob./Viber/WhatsApp: (+30) 6974823355
- Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday | 10:00 – 15:00