Mycenae – Epidaurus
One Day Tour
Visit the archaeological sights of Mycenae and the ancient theatre of Epidaurus.
- Skip the long lines and save time
- Short stop at the strategically important Corinth Canal
- Day guided tour to the ancient cities of Epidaurus and Mycenae
- Short stop at the sea port of Nauplion and marvel at the islet of Bourtzi
- Visit the Unesco listed ancient theatre of Epidaurus
- Explore ancient Mycenae and view highlights such as Royal tombs and Lion's gate
- Mycenae - Epidaurus One Day Tour
- Pick up from your Hotel at 07:30
Departing from Athens at 08:30 with your professional and passionate guide. Drive along the coastal road of the Saronic Gulf to Mycenae (Visit).
Mycenae 'Rich in Gold', the kingdom of mythical Agamemnon, first sung by Homer in his epics, is the most important and richest palatial centre of the Late Bronze Age in Greece. Its name was given to one of the greatest civilizations of Greek prehistory, the Mycenaean civilization. Then through Argos on to Nauplion, 1st capital of Greece in 1829 – After lunch depart to Epidaurus (Visit).
On the headland called "Nesi" at Palaia Epidaurus, the theatre of the ancient city is quite well-preserved, in the shape it acquired during the latter years of its function. Apart from a few rows of seats, the cavea is made of limestone with poros staircases. Until now, nine cunei with eighteen rows of seats have been excavated, which originally could accommodate about 2000 spectators.
All the benches and thrones of the theatre carry inscriptions with the names of the donors while implying a direct relationship of the monument with the cult of Dionysus. The theater is marveled for its exceptional acoustics, which permit almost perfect intelligibility of unamplified spoken word from the proscenium or scene to all 12,000 spectators, regardless of their seating.
At the afternoon return to Athens and transfer to your hotel.
Recommended clothing: Comfortable walking shoes, sun glasses and hat.
- You can add lunch to your activity with an extra payment of 14 EUR
- From June to the end of October
- The program is realised in French and Italian on specific days. Please request.
|Lunch||14 €||7 €|
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at target=”_blank”>[email protected].
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ike.
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 32 51 295
mobile/viber/WhatsApp/ +30 6974823355
- Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday, | 10:00 – 14:00