Enjoy a tour around the island from a different point of view, full of traditional and authentic images and experiences.
- The lighthouse or “Fanari”as locally known which translates to ” Lantern” from Greek is standing like a sentinel over the Amenistis area and is a testimony to Mykonos’ maritime history. To reach the lighthouse we take the road from Agios Stefanos which offers the most spectacular views on the island just 6.5 km from Mykonos town. It was manufactured in 1891
The altitude of the tower is 19 meters and the height of the focal plane is 184 meters. The mechanism of the first lamp of “Armenistis” is exposed outside by the building of Aegean Naval Museum that is located in a traditional building of 19th century, in center of Mykonos, near to place Three Wells (Tria Pigadia). This place gives you a better view of the new port area of Mykonos, and the beautiful scenery around it is breathtaking. It makes the neighboring island of Tinos to look as if it is right next to you due to its strategic position. Visiting it gives you a good sense of the islands’ fascinating history combined with beauty.
After your visit to Armenistis Lighthouse, we will start from the port of Mykonos, to enjoy the tour around the island from a different point of view, full of traditional and authentic images and experiences. Our first stop will be at a very well known site which all the island’s visitors must see, in order to capture a panoramic Mykonos Town photo shooting. Following the picture taking, we will visit the picturesque small port of St. Ioannis, an area which was named after a small church dedicated to Saint Ioannis and one of great historical significance. We will visit the church, along with the Saint’s cell, where the annual fair in his name is also being held. The small port in front of us is the starting point of the local fishing boats, which are protected here from the island’s strong north winds.
Right afterwards we will depart towards the Mykonos’ airport, where we will have a panoramic view of the airport’s runway, and perhaps we are lucky enough to catch a plane taking off or landing. Leaving the airport behind us, we will be headed towards Ano Mera Village and pass through one entirely different scenery, one of the island’s most typical agricultural and stock raising areas, where we will observe small local cultivated fields and even some domestic animals in local family owned farms.
We will head towards the Ano Mera village’s colorful square, where one of the island’s two monasteries is located (“Panagia Tourliani”) and we will be guided through its chambers. You can also take a glimpse at the nearby open air market with vegetables and other local products.
After capturing all these images of Mykonian countryside and its lifestyle, we will reach the farm where we will be guided by our escort and always under the directions of the farm’s superintendent. Whoever wishes may also use the farm’s tools and get involved with the farming work and tasks in co-operation with the superintendent. Take this opportunity to get closer to the domestic animals and the farm’s traditional organic cultivation. There is a Light Snack optionfor anyone who is interested to taste the local products from the traditional farm.
As we continue our tour, we will be passing by some of the most distant beaches of Mykonos, named “Kalo Livadi”, “Kalafati”and also see “Agia Anna”.
Schedule / Prices
- Duration: 6 Hours (09:00 – 14:30)
- From 01/03/2024 to 30/11/2024
Adult 75€ / Child 35€
Private Operation, additional cost per reservation 300€
- An additional transfer fee (10.00 € pp/cash on the spot) will apply for transfers from/to hotels in the areas of Elia, Kalafatis, Agrari, Panormos, Super Paradise & Kanalia
- Light snack served at the Farm includes:– Large plate with (diced tomato, diced cucumber, feta cheese, oregano, 2 olives, tzatziki, 1 dolmada, 1 stuffed tomato) – Raki, Sliced bread, Bottled water
- Light lunch served at the Farm includes:– Main course with (1 stuffed tomato with rice, 1 dolmada, 1 piece of spinach pie, 1 piece of cheese pie, tzatziki with two diced tomato olives, cucumber sticks, feta cheese, oregano) – Yoghurt with sweet cherry, Wine white or rosé, Water, Bread in slices
- The pick-up time is approximate and depends on the pick-up location. The pickup time of each visitor will be notified upon their booking.
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected] or fill the following form.
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ike.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 3251295
Mob./Viber/WhatsApp: (+30) 6974823355