Meteora Day Trip from Athens by Train
Discover the breathtaking wonders of Meteora on a day trip from Athens by train.
- Discover the astonishing Meteora
- Visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Excellent views between Athens and Meteora
- Excellent value for money
- Perfect for people who have limited time
- Visit the hermit caves of Badovas
- See all six monasteries
- Enter inside 2 monasteries
- Don't miss the opportunity during your stay in Athens to visit the breathtaking Meteora Monasteries with this amazing full day rail tour!
Countless panoramic images will remain etched in your memory with the opportunity for video and photos along the way.
Catch the train of 8:28 a.m. to Kalambaka in the morning from Athens’ Larissis train station, Track 8, and enjoy a trip that will give you the chance to admire the beauty of the countryside. Arrive around 12:49 p.m. in Kalambaka, a small town built at the foot of the majestic grey rocks, and crowded by the METEORA Monasteries.
Arriving in Kalambaka, our English speaking driver will be waiting you holding a signboard with your name on it and will transfer you to the Meteora Monasteries. For four hours you will have the time to explore at least two or three Monasteries. Meteora is included on the UNESCO world heritage monument list.
At the end of the day, our driver will transfer you back to Kalambaka and at 17:35 p.m. the train departs from Kalambaka, and arrives at 22:15 back to Athens.
Schedule / Prices
- From 08/11/2023 to 30/12/2023
Adult 110€ / Child 80€
- From 10/01/2024 to 30/12/2024
Adult 125€ / Child 100€
- From 08/11/2023 to 30/12/2023
Important update regarding the train tours
- Due to recent flooding affecting train services, we’ve made alternative transport arrangements to ensure your travel experience remains seamless. We’ve organized a modern, air-conditioned bus as a replacement.
Spot the ‘Visit Meteora’ logo on the front door to identify our bus.
- The bus will depart from Larissis train station in Athens at 08:00am. We request the travellers to be present at the exit of the Larissa metro/subway station on Deligianni str by 07:45am. They can reach the meeting point by taking the red line metro/subway. Location Map Here: https://goo.gl/maps/16AcMUsyJNSoFF698
- The total travel time to Meteora is around 5 hours (with a 20-minute refreshment stop) and the bus will be back in Athens at 10:45pm.
- Appropriate clothing for everyone is required to enter the monasteries. Sleeveless clothing and shorts over the knee for men are prohibited and you‘ll be denied access if dressed that way. For ladies skirts and shawls are available to borrow or buy at the entrance of monasteries in case they don’t have such clothing to cover themselves.
- Please be aware that reaching the top of the monasteries involves climbing steps. There are no elevators available, so please consider this if you have any mobility concerns.
- This tour will take place regardless of the weather conditions. Please come prepared with appropriate clothing and accessories to ensure a comfortable experience.
- Confirmation for this product will be received after booking, subject to availability.
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected] or fill the following form.
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ike.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 3251295
Mob./Viber/WhatsApp: (+30) 6974823355