Mykonos Bakery Class
Enjoy a combination of a traditional baking class and an experience of the traditional animal and organic farming of a Mykonian Farm.
- This activity is a combination of a traditional baking class and an experience of the traditional animal and organic farming of a Mykonian Farm. Here, we equip our potential or experienced “bakers” with the tools that they need in order to create delicious Mykonian bread. We will focus on mastering the fundamentals as well as discussing traditional techniques as we practice making our bread on our wood oven. Your instructor and host is the best around: Talented and exceptionally passionate about the craft of baking, she is more than excited to pass along her tips, recipe, and enthusiasm.
The activity takes place at the Mykonian Farm, where you must arrive just after 8:00am. Your host will greet you with a traditional treat and make you feel welcomed and part of our family. We will then be taken to a specially arranged spot in order to start our baking lesson, and specifically with the kneading of the bread dough, an approximately 1-hour process. When we have finished, the dough is left to rest for approx. 45′, during which time our farm tour takes place.
By the time we finish, it will be time to continue with our baking lesson and to shape the bread into its final form. This step takes approx. 1.5 hours and when we are done, the bread in left in the oven for approx. 45 minutes.
When the baking process comes to an end, you will first taste your freshly baked bread and enjoy the outcome of your lesson. Our hostess will also teach you about Mykonian culture, the history of the island’s farming, its livestock and its crops and make you feel just as if you are visiting close relatives or friends.
Brunch will be served with all the dishes made of genuine pure Mykonian products and of course all the ingredients are fresh and local. The experience will come to an end at approx. 13:00hrs, when you are transferred back to your hotel.
Schedule / Prices
- Duration: 5 Hours (08:00 – 13:00)
- From 01/03/2024 to 30/11/2024
Adult 85€ / Child 45€
For Private Operation, the additional cost per reservation is 300€
- An additional transfer fee (€10.00 pp/cash on the spot) will apply for transfers from/to hotels in the areas of Elia, Kalafatis, Agrari, Panormos, Super Paradise & Kanalia
- The pick-up time is approximate and depends on the pick-up location. The pickup time of each visitor will be notified upon their booking.
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected] or fill out the following form.
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ike.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 3251295
Mob./Viber/WhatsApp: (+30) 6974823355