Ancient Corinth & Daphni Monastery
Half day Tour from Athens…
Discover two must-see sights on this half day trip from Athens, Ancient Corinth (Temple of Apollo/Old aged-streets), Daphni’s Monastery. Valid for 2020.
- 6-hours guided tour to Ancient Corinth and Daphni Monastery
- Participate on a religious tour led by an expert guide
- Visit Monastery of Daphni and marver at its superb 11th-century mosaics
- UNESCO's world heritage monument
- Stop at the strategically Corinth canal and enjoy breathtaking views
- Visit Ancient Corinth with the temple of Apollo and its age-old streets
- Pick up/drop off service is included from Athens central hotels
- Ancient Corinth & Daphni Monastery Half day Tour from Athens
- We are sure that you will enjoy this tour, if you are interested in religious tours. This is the perfect choice for you. Exclusively with our office, you will have the opportunity to discover two must-see sights on this memorable half day trip from Athens. You will enjoy also a photo stop at Corinth Canal before visiting the Ancient Corinth and Daphni’s Monastery with its 11th-century Byzantine mosaics.
Pick up in the morning from your central located hotel, begin from our terminal with a drive to Corinth via Iera Odos (the Sacred Way). It was so called because it was the route taken by a procession celebrating the Eleusinian Mysteries, were initiations held every year for the cult of Demeter and Persephone based at Eleusis in ancient Greece.
In the way, we will have a stop at the Monastery of Daphni, a 11th-century Byzantine monastery listed as World's Heritage site together with Monasteries Hosios Loukas and Nea Moni of Chios. The interior of the church is decorated with superb mosaics, which is a fine example of the Classical idealism of Middle Byzantine art. The scenes of the mosaics includes scenes from the life of Christ and the Virgin.
We continue the drive along the coastal road to reach the Corinth canal, which merges the Aegean with the Ionian Sea (short stop for photos of the breathtaking view). Shortly after, reach the ancient town of Corinth, where St. Paul lived and preached for two years (Acts 18:1-18). Visit the ruins of the ancient city where Paul worked with Aquila and Priscilla, see the remains of the first century shops, the Agora where Paul’s trial by Gallio took place, the Fountain of Peirene, and one of the most outstanding monuments of pre –Roman period, the temple of Apollo. Then we return back to Athens, ending your tour with a central hotel drop-off.
Entrance to the monastery: Please note that for the moment the entrance to the Monastery is free of charge. In case the Ministry announced a fee, the participants should pay the entrance fee before visiting the monastery.
- Professional and licenced guide
- Transportation by luxury air conditioned bus
- Entrance fees of Ancient Corinth
- Hotel pick up/drop off service
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal expenses
- Everything that is not specifically mentioned in the "Included" section
In order to forward us your reservation request and for further information and assistance, please, contact us at [email protected].
GreeceTours.com – Seretis Travel Ike.
Email [email protected]
61 Panepistimiou Ave. (El.Venizelou Ave), Omonoia Sqr., 10564, Athens
Tel +30 210 3241776, +30 210 32 51 295
Mob./Viber/WhatsApp: (+30) 6974823355
- Monday – Friday | 09:00 – 17:00
- Saturday | 10:00 – 15:00